This morning, over a quiet cup of coffee, I spent a little time looking at the homepage of Grandpa Journey.
There was nothing wrong with it. My Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Rednote links were displayed prominently beneath the blog title. They made it easy for visitors to find me on other platforms.
But as I looked at the page, I asked myself a simple question:
"What do I want visitors to notice first?"
After thinking about it, the answer became very clear.
I want people to notice Grandpa Journey, not my social media accounts.
So I made a tiny change. I moved all the social media links from the top of the page to the footer. They are still there for anyone who wants to connect, but they no longer compete with the blog title and the stories themselves.
It is only a small adjustment, yet it changes the feeling of the page. The homepage now looks cleaner, tidier, and more focused. My articles have become the centre of attention.
Interestingly, after making the change, I discussed it with my AI companion. We both felt that a blog should first invite readers into its stories. Social media is important, but it should support the journey rather than lead it.
This experience reminded me that blogging is much like tending a garden. Sometimes the biggest improvements do not come from planting something new. They come from careful pruning—removing distractions so that what truly matters can shine.
As retirees, many of us enjoy making small improvements around our homes. Blogging is no different. A slight adjustment today may make tomorrow's visitor feel more comfortable and welcome.
That is the beauty of a journey. We continue learning, improving, and sharing, one small step at a time.
Have you ever made a tiny change that made a surprisingly big difference? I'd love to hear your story in the comments.
Hashtags
#GrandpaJourney
#RetirementLife
#SeniorBlogger
#LifeAfterRetirement
#DigitalJourney
#BlogDesign
#SimpleLiving
#SharingLifeStories
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment