Featured post

👉 Why I want to leave my stories behind

  Every person is born with a biological blueprint that helps shape who we become. But life is not only determined by our beginnings. Along ...

A Good Lunch, Good Friends, and a Good Day at Markville Mall

 


Yesterday turned out to be one of those simple days that I really enjoyed.

Julie and I went to Markville Mall for lunch with a couple who are friends from Hong Kong.

Nothing particularly extraordinary happened.

And perhaps that's exactly why I enjoyed it.

Sometimes, a good day doesn't need anything spectacular.

Good friends, good food, and a good place to sit down and talk.

That's enough.

Meeting Friends from Hong Kong

We invited our friends to join us for lunch at Auric King Restaurant inside Markville Mall.

It was nice to see them.

When you meet friends who come from the same place as you, there is always something special about the conversation.

There are familiar memories, familiar places, familiar food, and stories that don't need much explanation.

Hong Kong has changed so much over the years, but when you sit down with someone who knows the same places and remembers the same things, the conversation can quickly take you back.

We talked, laughed, ate, and simply enjoyed being together.

At my age, I have come to appreciate these moments more and more.

A Good Venue

Auric King Restaurant was a good choice for our lunch.

Being inside Markville Mall made everything easy.

We could meet there, have lunch, and then spend some time walking around the mall afterward.

I also like the atmosphere of having a meal in a shopping mall.

There is always something happening around you.

People are shopping.

Families are walking by.

Friends are meeting.

Some people are enjoying a coffee.

Others are carrying shopping bags and heading home.

It gives the place a lively feeling.

Good Food Makes Good Conversation Better

Of course, food is part of the experience.

But I've noticed something as I've gotten older.

When I was younger, I probably paid more attention to the food itself.

Now, I think more about who I'm sharing the food with.

A good meal with good company is much more enjoyable than an excellent meal eaten alone.

Yesterday's lunch reminded me of that.

We weren't in a hurry.

We could sit down and talk.

We could enjoy our food.

We could catch up.

And for a couple of hours, there was nothing particularly important that needed to be done.

That is a luxury.

The Joy of Simple Days

I've written quite a few stories about technology, artificial intelligence, blogging and my adventures with AI123.ca.

But Grandpa Journey isn't only about technology.

It is also about life.

My life with Julie.

My family.

My friends.

Our trips to the mall.

Our meals together.

The things I discover.

The things I learn.

And the little moments that I don't want to forget.

Yesterday's lunch belongs in that collection.

It wasn't a big event.

It wasn't a special celebration.

It was simply a good lunch with good friends.

And sometimes, that's exactly what makes a day special.

Another Memory to Keep

When you're young, you often think the important moments are the big ones.

A major trip.

A big celebration.

A significant achievement.

But as the years go by, I've started to see things differently.

Some of my favourite memories are actually very ordinary.

A morning coffee.

A walk through the mall.

A conversation with Julie.

Lunch with friends.

A laugh over something that probably wouldn't seem funny to anyone else.

These moments come and go very quickly.

That's why I like writing them down.

Yesterday, Julie and I had lunch with friends from Hong Kong at Aura Restaurant in Markville Mall.

Good venue.

Good food.

Good friends.

And most importantly:

A good day.

That's a memory worth keeping.

Grandpa Journey continues.


Hashtags

#GrandpaJourney #MarkvilleMall #AurickingRestaurant #GoodFriends #GoodFood #HongKongFriends #LunchWithFriends #LifeAfter80 #80YearOldBlogger #SimpleJoys #EverydayLife #MakingMemories #JulieAndI #LifeJourney #HappyMoments


一顿午餐、老朋友,还有一个美好的日子——我们的Markville Mall午餐时光

昨天是一个让我感觉很舒服的日子。

Julie 和我一起去了 Markville Mall,和一对来自香港的朋友共进午餐。

没有什么特别重大的事情发生。

而我想,也许正因为如此,我才特别喜欢这一天。

有时候,美好的一天并不需要什么特别的安排。

一个好的地方、好吃的食物,还有几个好朋友。

这样就已经足够了。

和香港朋友一起吃午餐

昨天,我们邀请这对香港朋友到 Markville Mall里面的Auric King Restaurant 一起吃午餐。

能够和老朋友见面,总是令人开心。

尤其是来自香港的朋友。

大家有共同的生活记忆,也有熟悉的地方、熟悉的食物,还有许多不需要解释太多就能明白的话题。

香港这些年已经发生了很多变化。

但是,当你和一个熟悉香港的人坐下来聊天时,很多过去的记忆很自然地就回来了。

我们一边吃饭,一边聊天,也不时笑起来。

对我来说,到了这个年纪,越来越懂得珍惜这样的时光。

一个不错的聚餐地点

Auric King Restaurant 是一个不错的选择。

餐厅就在 Markville Mall里面,大家见面很方便。

吃完饭以后,还可以一起在商场里走走。

我一直很喜欢在商场里吃饭的感觉。

周围总是有很多事情发生。

有人购物。

有人带着孩子散步。

有人和朋友见面。

有人坐下来喝咖啡。

也有人提着购物袋准备回家。

这种环境让整个地方充满了生活气息。

好食物让聊天更加开心

当然,美食也是这次午餐的一部分。

不过,我越来越发现一件事情。

随着年龄增长,我对食物本身的关注,好像没有以前那么多了。

现在,我更加在意的是:

和谁一起吃。

一顿普通的饭,如果和好朋友一起吃,也可以变成一顿很开心的饭。

相反,即使是一顿非常高级的晚餐,如果一个人吃,也未必有同样的感觉。

昨天的午餐让我再次想到了这一点。

我们没有赶时间。

大家可以慢慢坐下来聊天。

慢慢享受食物。

慢慢了解彼此最近的生活。

那几个小时里,没有什么特别重要的事情需要马上处理。

其实,这也是一种幸福。

平凡日子的快乐

我最近写了不少关于人工智能、科技、博客以及 AI123.ca 的文章。

但是,Grandpa Journey 并不只是关于科技。

它也是关于生活。

关于我和 Julie 的生活。

关于家人。

关于朋友。

关于我们去商场的日子。

关于一起吃饭。

关于我每天发现的新事物。

关于我学到的新东西。

还有那些我不想忘记的小小瞬间。

昨天的午餐,就是其中一个。

它不是一个大型活动。

也不是一个特别的庆祝活动。

它只是一顿:

和好朋友一起吃的午餐。

而有时候,这正是一个美好日子最好的样子。

又一个值得留下的回忆

年轻的时候,我们常常认为真正重要的是“大事情”。

一次重要的旅行。

一次盛大的庆祝。

一个重要的成就。

但是年龄渐长以后,我开始有了不同的看法。

我最喜欢的一些回忆,其实都是非常普通的事情。

早晨的一杯咖啡。

在商场里散步。

和 Julie 聊聊天。

和朋友一起吃午餐。

因为某件别人可能觉得一点都不好笑的事情,大家一起笑起来。

这些时光来得很快,也走得很快。

所以,我越来越喜欢把它们写下来。

昨天,Julie 和我在 Markville Mall 的 Auric King Restaurant,和一对来自香港的朋友一起吃了午餐。

好的地方。

好吃的食物。

好的朋友。

最重要的是:

一个美好的日子。

这就是一个值得保存的回忆。

Grandpa Journey 还在继续。

No comments:

Post a Comment