Featured post

👉 Why I want to leave my stories behind

  Every person is born with a biological blueprint that helps shape who we become. But life is not only determined by our beginnings. Along ...

One Week After My Eye Surgery

 Today I am at Hillcrest Mall with Julie.

It has been one week since I had cataract surgery on my left eye.

Every day, I notice a little improvement. The vision in my left eye is becoming clearer, and something I did not expect is that my left eye can now see better than my right eye!

It may sound like a small thing, but to me it is quite meaningful.

For several days after the surgery, I stayed home, rested, and tried not to do too much. I was waiting for my eye doctor to tell me when I could safely return to normal activities. On Wednesday, the doctor said my recovery was going well and that I was fit to drive again.

So today, here I am at Hillcrest Mall.

There is nothing special on the agenda. Julie and I may walk around, have something to eat, and simply enjoy being out.

At 80, I have learned that these ordinary moments are not really ordinary.

Being able to see a little more clearly, walk around a shopping mall with my wife, enjoy a meal together, and look at the people and things around me—these are things worth appreciating.

My recovery is not finished yet. The right eye still needs its turn, and I will continue to follow the doctor's advice.

But for today, I am happy with one small step forward.

One week, one eye, a little clearer every day.

That is good enough for Grandpa Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment