Yesterday, during our birthday dinner, we had one of those simple questions that come up in everyday conversation:
“How do you join a WhatsApp 接龍?”
One of my friends wanted to organize a dinner for October 1, China's National Day, at 御品. The message was simple:
有興趣請接龍
Then everyone started adding their names:
John
Peter
James
Tony
Michael
Jeffrey
Daniel
Nancy
Cora
The question was: How do I add my name using my mobile phone?
I asked my AI companion.
The answer was surprisingly simple.
How to join a WhatsApp 接龍
If you receive a WhatsApp group message like this and want to add your name:
1. Open WhatsApp
Go to the group where the 接龍 message was posted.
2. Find the latest list
Look for the most recent name on the list.
3. Press and hold the message
A small menu will appear.
4. Tap “Reply”
This lets you reply directly to the original 接龍 message.
5. Add the next number and your name
For example:
10. David & Julie
6. Tap Send.
That's all.
No complicated WhatsApp knowledge is required.
Why I like questions like this
At 80, I have learned that technology doesn't always have to be complicated.
Sometimes we don't need to know everything about an app. We just need to know the one thing we want to accomplish.
In this case, I simply wanted to join a dinner with friends.
I asked AI, followed the steps on my mobile phone, and problem solved.
That is one of the reasons I enjoy using AI in my everyday life. It isn't always about writing complicated things or discussing the future of technology.
Sometimes it is simply:
“How do I do this?”
And getting a useful answer in a few seconds.
So, if you are also wondering how to join a WhatsApp 接龍, I hope this little experience from our birthday dinner saves you a few minutes.
And perhaps I'll see you at 御品 on October 1! 😊
Grandpa David
If this little story brought back a memory of your own, you can buy Grandpa a coffee. ☕
That's what keeps this old grandpa writing.
生日晚餐上的一個小問題:WhatsApp 怎樣接龍?
昨天的生日晚餐,除了吃飯、聊天、回憶往事之外,我們還談到了一些日常生活的小問題。
其中一個問題很有趣:
「WhatsApp 怎樣接龍?」
朋友們正在計劃 10月1日星期四,中國國慶日到御品一起晚餐。
群組裡有人發了一個很簡單的訊息:
「想約你們在中國國慶日10月1號星期四去御品一起晚餐!有興趣請接龍。」
然後大家就開始把自己的名字加上去:
John
Peter
James
Tony
Michael
Jeffrey
Daniel
Nancy
Cora
問題來了:
如果我要參加,怎樣在手機 WhatsApp 裡接龍呢?
我於是問了我的 AI 伴侶。
答案其實非常簡單。
📱 WhatsApp 接龍怎樣做?
如果你在 WhatsApp 群組裡看到朋友發出的接龍名單,可以按照以下步驟:
第一步:打開 WhatsApp
在手機上打開 WhatsApp,進入朋友約吃飯的那個群組。
第二步:找到最新的接龍訊息
找到最後一位朋友的名字,例如:
8. Nancy
9. Cora
第三步:按住這個訊息
用手指按住這個接龍訊息幾秒鐘,手機會出現一個小選單。
第四步:選擇「Reply/回覆」
按「Reply/回覆」,這樣你就是直接回覆原來的接龍訊息。
第五步:加上自己的名字
例如:
10. David & Julie
第六步:按發送