Today was another one of those days that I want to remember.
We had our BBQ karaoke gathering, and this time everything worked just fine. We set up the wireless speaker, connected the cable microphone, put the karaoke video on the big screen, and soon everybody was ready to sing.
After all the testing and troubleshooting I had done before the party, I finally learned something very simple:
When something works, don't make it more complicated. Just use it! 😄
So we used the cable microphone, and it worked beautifully.
Our friends could sing along while watching the words on the big screen. The music was playing, people were talking and laughing, and the whole backyard seemed to come alive.
And then my Italian friend arrived
I was especially happy to see the Italian friend who came to our previous BBQ karaoke.
Last time, he surprised us by singing Al Di Là. I remember thinking that there was something very special about hearing him sing that Italian song.
Today he came again.
Before he started singing, he asked me where he could buy a wireless karaoke speaker. I took a piece of paper and wrote down the address for him, including the details he needed.
Then, as expected, he joined us for karaoke.
He sang Al Di Là again.
This time he also sang Elvis Presley's I Can't Help Falling in Love with You.
What a combination!
An Italian song followed by an Elvis Presley classic, right in our backyard, with friends sitting around enjoying the afternoon.
I couldn't help thinking how music can bring people together even when we come from different backgrounds.
You don't need to speak the same language perfectly.
Sometimes, you just need a microphone and a song.
And, of course, there was plenty of food
A BBQ wouldn't be a BBQ without food.
We had beef ribs, pork ribs, beef tenderloin, salmon head, mackerel, squid, giant mushrooms, yellow and red bell peppers, water melon, sweet potatoes, corn and a spring-mix salad with avocado.
There was also 0% alcohol beer and plenty of distilled water.
Nobody was going hungry!
But honestly, I think the food was only part of the story.
The real enjoyment was sitting together, eating, talking, singing and laughing.
We were lucky to have beautiful sunlight and a gentle breeze. Nobody seemed to be in a hurry.
For a while, I just sat there and looked around.
The speaker was playing music.
Someone was singing.
People were eating.
Friends were laughing.
The big screen was showing the karaoke lyrics.
And the afternoon breeze was moving through the backyard.
I thought to myself, this is what a good day looks like.
Yesterday I was worrying about the microphone
It is almost funny when I think about it.
Just yesterday, I was trying to figure out why the wireless microphone was quieter than the cable microphone. I was pressing buttons, checking the settings, looking at numbers on the remote and trying to understand what everything meant.
I even watched the microphone volume change from one setting to another.
But today?
I simply plugged in the cable microphone.
It worked.
Problem solved.
Sometimes technology teaches us a lesson: the simplest solution is often the best one.
Another memory for Grandpa Journey
As I get older, I find myself appreciating these ordinary moments more and more.
A BBQ may seem like just another afternoon.
Karaoke may seem like just singing some songs.
A piece of paper with an address written on it may seem like nothing important.
But when I put all these little things together, they become a memory.
My Italian friend singing Al Di Là again.
Elvis Presley singing through the speakers.
Friends gathered around the BBQ.
The smell of ribs and grilled food.
The sunlight.
The breeze.
The laughter.
And an 80-year-old grandfather standing there, still learning how to make technology work—and occasionally discovering that a cable microphone is all he really needs. 😂
Tonight, I am tired, but it is the good kind of tired.
It was a fun day.
And once again, I am reminded that the best part of technology isn't the technology itself.
It is what technology helps us do together.
Today, it helped us sing.
And that was enough. 🎤🎶❤️
Hashtags
#GrandpaJourney #BBQKaraoke #Karaoke #AlDiLa #ElvisPresley #Friendship #GoodTimes #BackyardBBQ #MusicBringsUsTogether #80YearOldGrandpa #RetirementLife #LifeStories #FamilyAndFriends #SimpleJoys #GrandpaStories
一次BBQ、卡拉OK,还有我的意大利朋友再次唱起《Al Di Là》
今天又是一个值得我记住的日子。
我们举行了一次BBQ卡拉OK聚会。这一次,一切都进行得很顺利。我们把无线音箱架好,接上有线麦克风,把卡拉OK视频放到大屏幕上,很快大家就准备好了。
经过昨天一番测试和折腾以后,我终于明白了一个很简单的道理:
能正常工作的东西,就不要把它弄得太复杂。 😄
所以今天我们就使用有线麦克风,效果很好。
朋友们一边看着大屏幕上的歌词,一边唱歌。音乐响起来了,大家聊天、欢笑,整个后院好像一下子热闹起来。
我的意大利朋友又来了
让我特别高兴的是,上一次参加我们BBQ卡拉OK的那位意大利朋友今天又来了。
上一次,他给我们一个小小的惊喜——唱了一首意大利歌曲《Al Di Là》。
我还记得当时听他唱这首歌的时候,觉得那一刻特别有意思。
今天,他又来了。
在开始唱歌以前,他问我在哪里可以买到无线卡拉OK音箱。
我拿了一张纸,把地址和需要的信息详细写给他。
然后,和我预想的一样,他也加入了我们的卡拉OK。
他再次唱起了《Al Di Là》。
这一次,他还唱了猫王 Elvis Presley 的经典歌曲《Can't Help Falling in Love》。
真是一个很特别的组合!
一首意大利歌曲,接着一首猫王的经典歌曲,就这样在我们的后院里唱了起来。朋友们坐在一起,享受着这个轻松的下午。
我不禁想到,音乐真的可以把不同背景、不同文化的人连接在一起。
有时候,我们甚至不需要完全听懂对方的语言。
有一支麦克风,有一首歌,就够了。
当然,还有很多很多食物
BBQ当然少不了食物。
今天我们准备了牛肋骨、猪肋骨、牛柳、三文鱼头、鲭鱼、鱿鱼、大蘑菇,还有红黄甜椒, 西瓜,
番薯 ,玉米。
另外还有混合生菜沙拉和牛油果。
饮料方面,有0%酒精啤酒和蒸馏水。
大家当然不会饿肚子!
不过,说真的,我觉得食物只是今天的一部分。
真正让人开心的,是大家坐在一起,吃东西、聊天、唱歌和笑。
今天的天气也很好。
阳光温暖,微风吹过,大家似乎都没有什么事情需要赶着去做。
有那么一刻,我只是坐在那里,看着周围的一切。
音箱里播放着音乐。
有人在唱歌。
有人在吃东西。
朋友们在笑。
大屏幕上显示着卡拉OK歌词。
后院吹着微风。
我心里想:
这就是一个美好的下午。
昨天我还在为麦克风烦恼
现在想起来,还真有一点好笑。
就在昨天,我还在研究为什么无线麦克风的声音比有线麦克风小。我按各种按钮,调整设置,看遥控器上的数字,还在努力弄明白每一个功能到底是什么意思。
我甚至不断调整麦克风的音量。
可是今天呢?
我把有线麦克风插上。
一切正常。
问题解决了。
有时候,科技真的会给我们上一课:
最简单的办法,往往就是最好的办法。
又成为Grandpa Journey的一段记忆
随着年纪越来越大,我发现自己越来越珍惜这些平凡的小事情。
一次BBQ,看起来只不过是一个普通的下午。
卡拉OK,也不过就是大家一起唱几首歌。
一张写着地址的纸条,好像也没有什么特别。
可是,当这些小事情组合在一起,它们就变成了一段值得保存的记忆。
我的意大利朋友再次唱起《Al Di Là》。
猫王的歌从音箱里传出来。
朋友们围坐在BBQ旁边。
烤肉的香味飘在空气中。
阳光洒在院子里。
微风轻轻吹过。
大家的笑声此起彼落。
而我这个80岁的爷爷,还在继续学习怎样让这些科技设备正常工作。
最后,我发现自己其实只需要一支有线麦克风就够了。😂
今晚,我有一点累。
但这是那种令人开心的疲倦。
今天真是一个快乐的日子。
我又一次想到,科技最重要的地方,其实并不是科技本身。
而是科技帮助我们一起做了什么。
今天,它帮助我们一起唱歌。
而这,就已经足够了。🎤🎶❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment