Sunday 20 January 2019

GRANDPA 's Blogging Journey



Today is Sunday, 20th January 2019.  There is a severe weather warning today.  Temperature is -18 C. The gusty strong north wind makes people feel like -30 degrees C.  Flurry, snow mixed with ice pellets were showering trees, roofs, roads, sidewalks and driveways.  Fortunately, road conditions are not too bad as Town of Richmond Hill City worked through out the night almost everywhere with its team of snow service vehicles.  In the night I could hear the wind and snow removal trucks working as their roaring pierced through the silent sky. 


Early 6:00 in the morning I woke up.  I did some quick blogging at my other blog "RHTTC55 eMagazine".  It is a blog I developed for the seniors and older adults 55 plus who play table tennis in Richmond Hill and nearby areas.  They are my ping pong friends.  This e-magazine is a collections of videos on the world contemporary travelling, trends, hi-tech, sports, health, etc. Thanks to Youtube which is actually the best source for audio-visual information. They are free like all Google free tools.  They are priceless yet they are the best available tools yet do not cost you a dime.   I searched and found the related videos I wanted for the day.   I shared each video via the share buttons below the video and I could directly put it to my RHTTC55 eMagazine. Just with several clicks, I have put 5 videos there for today.  For me it is not complicated and it works super fast !!!  My four years old grandson likes to say it 'super fast, extra fast grandpa while playing his game with me'.



As the weather was severely harsh, no ping pong for the  morning.  It is a bit sad for me who used to play 2 to 3 hours every day.  The ping pong game gives me a lot of joyful moments whenever I hit out a super loop or a banana shot that curved around the net landing on the other  side of the net. I play just for the joy of the game and the chat with the friends during lunch after the game, Not a trace of winning the game or the competition in my mind. While playing  I  feel like young at seventeen with power and agility.  It is a very nice feeling.  And this feeling is essential for keeping the body healthy and stay young.   Ping Pong is a really good workout both physically and mentally.  The whole body needs to co-ordinate,  mind, eyes, body, hands and feet need to work together in harmony during the game.  Medical professionals worked on it and proved the positive effects of ping pong game on seniors with alzheimer's  and dementia condition. It  indicates the game is good for seniors in their golden years.    The day seemed a bit long and time moved slowly whenever there is no ping pong. 



These are my activities and feelings that I would note it down and record it for myself, my children and grandchildren as well as people I like or people who like me.  A daily blog blogging such happenings and activities would exactly do the job recording the life we live and things we go through.  That is one of the few reasons I started this blog - GRANDPA 's Blogging Journey.    


The exercise for today is snow shoveling on the driveway. I worked a bit outside the house shoveling the snow so that the car can go out the carport and driveway later in the afternoon. Wrapped myself up with layers of warm clothes plus a down on top I started the snow shoveling. Covered my head with a thick hat and my hands with thermal gloves thus kept my body warm but the fingers were freezing and they hurt. After 20 minutes in the freezing temperature feel like -30 degrees C I had to stop the work and went back to the house for a break. It was too cold outside.   I needed to come back later to finish the work again before  going out for lunch.  Probably I would go out with Julie for dim sum in a new restaurant.  It opened only couple of days ago.  Yes, the restaurant is called The ONE Seafood Chinese Restaurant.  





























We went to The ONE Seafood Chinese Restaurant around 1:30 p.m.  Upon arrival at the front entrance we saw a big crowd.  About 50 people were waiting there.  It is a full house.  Julie and I decided to go elsewhere for our lunch.   Anyway, I took a picture of the restaurant.  It is fully renovated and is gorgeously beautiful and classy.  We would like to come back again to try the food.

We drove back along Bayview Avenue and headed our way to Golden Horse Cafeteria our usual lunch venue near Leslie Avenue.  It was also crowded with a full house.  The waiting was a short one and soon we got our table.  Julie ordered a fish fillet with salad.  I got the baked pork chop with fried rice, soup and tea.  It was reasonably priced.  The bill totaled  $22 with tax and tips included.  


We returned home after the lunch.  I still had some unfinished work at the driveway.  I needed to clear the snow bank at the driveway entrance.   As the snow was still soft, I cleared snow away within 20 minutes just shoveling it with my hands. The Town of Richmond Hill City Government is responsible for snow removal of the highways, roads and sidewalks. Driveways and snow banks at the driveway entrance will be taken care of by  the  house residents.  However, residents over 65 can apply online or in person at the Richmond Hill Office at Elgin Mills Avenue for snow windrow clearing service.    I am very happy that I can do this work.  It needs muscle and pretty good body condition.  I shall be celebrating my 73th birthday in the coming February.  I am grateful for what I am today being happy and healthy working my mind and body.  I enjoy these simple daily task. 


I resume working on my blogs whenever I feel free with updates and new ideas.  My readers and friends are connected closely with me via their WhatSapp feedback.  Today 's smartphone makes updating simple and easy. For example,  I sent the above photo from my cellphone to my gmail in my personal computer, There from the gmail, downloaded it to the computer hard drive. Then from the hard drive  I uploaded it to this blog post which you are reading now.   Hope you guys like this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment