Featured post

👉 Why I want to leave my stories behind

  Every person is born with a biological blueprint that helps shape who we become. But life is not only determined by our beginnings. Along ...

My Old Friends in the Backyard


 There is something a little strange happening in our backyard this autumn.

The maple leaves are beginning to fall, spreading across the lawn. At first glance, everything looks perfectly normal. Maple trees, after all, are supposed to put on this beautiful autumn show before winter arrives.

But when I looked more closely, I noticed something I had never really paid attention to before.

These maple leaves seem much smaller than usual.

I always think of maple leaves as big, broad, and almost flat. But many of the leaves falling into our backyard this year are small and curly, almost like baby leaves. They simply look different.

I don't know why.

Maybe there is a perfectly ordinary explanation. Perhaps the weather has something to do with it. The summer has been rather dry, and the lawn has certainly noticed. The grass seems to have slowed down, almost as if it has decided to take a break.

But the maple trees themselves don't seem worried at all.

There are still plenty of leaves on the branches. The trees look strong and healthy, standing there as if nothing unusual is happening. They are quietly preparing for the next stage of the year.

Eventually, of course, all those leaves will fall.

That is the way trees live. They hold on to their leaves through the summer, enjoy the sunshine, and then, when the season changes, they let them go. There is no argument, no complaint, and no attempt to stop what is coming.

I find that rather beautiful.

And then there are the pine trees.

They look almost completely different from the maples. While the maple trees are slowly changing colour and preparing to become bare, the pine trees remain green.

Forever young, at least from where I stand.

I know they are not really forever young. They grow older just like everything else. But their evergreen branches give me that feeling. Even in the middle of winter, when the backyard is covered with snow, they will still be standing there looking green.

These trees have been here since we moved into this bungalow.

Over the years, they have watched us come and go. They have seen summer gardens, autumn leaves, winter snow and spring mornings. They have been there while our family changed and while I changed.

I never thought much about them when we first moved in.

They were simply trees in the backyard.


But after all these years, I see them differently.

They have become my old friends.

They don't say anything. They don't need to.

They simply stay there.

Sometimes I look out the window and see the maple leaves scattered across the lawn. I see the dry grass. I see the pine trees standing quietly in the background.

And I realize that the backyard is telling me another little story about time.

The maple leaves will disappear soon. The grass will stop growing altogether. Winter will arrive.

But the pine trees will still be there.

And next spring, if everything goes according to nature's plan, the maple trees will wake up again and cover themselves with new leaves.

Perhaps that is why I don't mind seeing the old leaves falling.

They remind me that change is not necessarily an ending.

Sometimes it is simply the next chapter.

For now, I'll keep watching my backyard.

After all, my old friends have been keeping me company for many years.

I think the least I can do is pay a little more attention to them.



Hashtags

#GrandpaJourney #Autumn #MapleLeaves #PineTrees #Backyard #Nature #Aging #Memories #LifeReflections #SimpleThings #OldFriends #AutumnReflections


后院里的老朋友

今年秋天,我们家的后院有一点奇怪。

地上已经开始落满枫叶。乍一看,一切好像都很正常。毕竟,枫叶到了秋天,本来就应该慢慢变色,然后飘落下来。

可是,我仔细看了一下,却发现今年的枫叶好像和平时不太一样。

这些叶子明显小了很多。

我印象中的枫叶,应该是比较大、比较宽,而且几乎是平平展开的。可是今年后院里的这些枫叶,有不少都很小,而且卷卷的,看起来就像刚长出来的“小宝宝叶子”。

它们真的有点不一样。

我也不知道为什么。

也许有一个很普通的原因。可能和今年的天气有关吧。这个夏天有些干燥,连后院的草地都受到了影响。最近草长得很慢,好像也开始偷懒了。

可是,那些枫树自己好像一点也不担心。

树上还有很多叶子,枝条看起来也很强壮,整棵树依然健康。它们安安静静地站在那里,好像什么事情都没有发生,只是在等待季节自然地往前走。

当然,最后这些叶子都会落下来。

树木就是这样生活的。

春天长出新叶,夏天享受阳光,到了秋天,季节改变了,它们就慢慢放手。

没有争论,也没有抱怨,更不会努力阻止即将发生的事情。

我觉得,这其实很美。

后院里还有几棵松树。

它们和枫树完全不一样。

枫树正在慢慢改变颜色,准备迎接冬天,而松树依然保持着绿色。

看起来好像永远年轻。

我知道它们当然不会真的永远年轻。它们也会慢慢长大、变老。

可是从我的眼睛看来,它们的常青枝叶总让我有一种“永远年轻”的感觉。

即使冬天来了,大雪覆盖了整个后院,它们依然会站在那里,保持着绿色。

这些树,从我们搬进这间平房的时候,就已经在后院陪着我们了。

这么多年,它们看着我们进进出出,看过夏天的花园、秋天的落叶、冬天的大雪,也看过一个又一个春天的到来。

它们也见证了我们的家庭发生变化,而我自己,也在慢慢改变。

刚搬进来的时候,我其实没有特别注意这些树。

它们就是后院里的几棵树而已。

可是这么多年过去了,我对它们的感觉不一样了。

它们已经成了我的老朋友。

它们不会说话,也不需要说话。

它们只是一直在那里。

有时候,我站在窗边,看着地上散落的枫叶,看着有些干燥的草地,再看看后面那些安静的松树。

我突然觉得,这个后院其实一直在告诉我一个关于“时间”的故事。

枫叶很快就会全部落下来。

草也会慢慢停止生长。

冬天就要来了。

可是那些松树,依然会在那里。

到了明年春天,如果一切都按照大自然的安排进行,枫树又会重新长出新的叶子,再一次把后院染成绿色。

也许,这就是为什么我并不害怕看到叶子落下来。

它们提醒我:

改变并不一定意味着结束。

有时候,它只是人生的下一章。

所以,今年秋天,我会多看看我的后院。

毕竟,这些老朋友已经陪伴我们这么多年了。

我想,我至少应该花一点时间,好好看看它们。

No comments:

Post a Comment