google.com, pub-6611284859673005, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Grandpa 's Journey: Winter Storm with Blowing and Drifting Snow

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Winter Storm with Blowing and Drifting Snow


         
Richmond Hill was hit by Winter storm with temperature -10 C feel like -25 C.  As forecast by the Weather Network there was 26 cm of snow.  It was a record breaking winter snow.  The old record 23 cm  dated back 50 years. There was no school for my grandchildren due to the battering snow storm and dangerous road conditions.  

My first task this morning was to clear the snow on the driveway and the windrow at the driveway entrance,  I could not wait for the City of Richmond Hill to clear windrow as I had to go to Rouge Woods Community center for ping pong at 9:00 a.m.  .Julie did not go with me.  She stayed behind at my daughter 's home babysitting the grandchildren.

   
As expected there were few people showing up at the gym. Anyway, it was fun  and I had a good 2 hours workout playing double with the ping pong friends.  After ping pong I had my quick  lunch with deep fried fillet and fruit salad.

As there was lot of snow blocking the driveway entrance.  I had to clear it before I could park the car to the carport.  The wet snow was thick and  heavy making the shoveling extremely tiring.  I had a cup of hot ginger with brown sugar,  then took an afternoon nap.  Hopefully, tomorrow would be sunny day with no more snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment