google.com, pub-6611284859673005, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Grandpa 's Journey: Dear Old Classmates

Wednesday 19 June 2024

Dear Old Classmates

Dear Old Classmates of 1964,


I must begin by expressing my deepest appreciation to each and every one of you for organizing what I've heard was a truly unforgettable reunion dinner in Vancouver and the subsequent cruise gathering to Alaska. The effort and thoughtfulness put into planning such an event are nothing short of remarkable. I had been eagerly anticipating this reunion for years, counting down the days until I could reconnect with all of you and relive those cherished memories from our youth.


However, life sometimes has unexpected twists and turns, and I find myself unable to join you all as planned. Just a few months ago, I underwent a head surgery (subdural hematoma), a journey that has been both challenging and humbling. While I may not be able to be physically present with you, please know that my heart is there in spirit, cheering you all on from afar.


I am slowly on the road to recovery, buoyed by the love and support of my family and friends. Though I may not be able to partake in the festivities, I take solace in knowing that all of you are together, creating new memories and strengthening the bonds that have held us together for six decades.


As you embark on this cruise holiday, I want to extend my warmest wishes for a safe and joyous journey. May each moment be filled with laughter, camaraderie, and a deep appreciation for the enduring friendships that have stood the test of time. Treasure every sunset, every shared meal, and every story exchanged, for these are the moments that truly make life rich and meaningful.


Though I may be physically absent, please know that I am with you all in spirit, raising a toast to the incredible journey we've shared and the countless adventures that still lie ahead. Until we meet again, my dear friends, may you sail smoothly through the waters of life, guided by the enduring light of friendship and love.


With heartfelt gratitude and warmest regards,


David Au  

No comments:

Post a Comment